this time of year out of Geneva go straight north to 74' of water and start deep trolling north if possible if you have a north wind go on out to 76' and troll south with the waves, for harnesses. I run 1.8 to 2.2 for spoons and cranks 2.7 to 3.0 usually work. the active fish are very deep I like to have my lures 50' to 60' deep. I use lite bite slide divers with 7' leaders and not the slide option, then I run a downrigger on each side 1 set at 50' and the other at 55'.

Southwestern Lake Erie has no closed walleye season in the state of Ohio. The warmer snow melt there warms the feeding tributaries with the resulting lake surfaces open early and walleye contests are more available there.  Snap jigging on the near shore bottom waters are really effective there. Rivers are good fishing as spawning walleyes ascend there first. The average near shore water depths are close to 24 feet of water. Check out boat ramps there along with Ohio bait dealers or charter boat services. A lot of southwest winds blow warmer waters to Eastern bays and shorelines here and the walleye catches happen here in shallows and bays. The greatest amount of walleyes reproduction comes from Ohio waters and we end up with the arrival of the warmer waters here.

Southwestern Lake Erie has no closed walleye season in the state of Ohio. The warmer snow melt there warms the feeding tributaries with the resulting lake surfaces open early and walleye contests are more available there.  Snap jigging on the near shore bottom waters are really effective there. Rivers are good fishing as spawning walleyes ascend there first. The average near shore water depths are close to 24 feet of water. Check out boat ramps there along with Ohio bait dealers or charter boat services. A lot of southwest winds blow warmer waters to Eastern bays and shorelines here and the walleye catches happen here in shallows and bays. The greatest amount of walleyes reproduction comes from Ohio waters and we end up with the arrival of the warmer waters here.

Why fish there, when you have all the walleye here. Who wants to eat those females that are laden with spawn. Their not great tasting at the table

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now