Any walleye numbers in front of the Catt yet?

Two Saturdays ago we did well tween Center Rd. and Purina. Good size as well-85-93'.

Last Fri was spectacular, we had a three man limit with a 6 fish box we wish we had Sat for SSbay shootout-35lb+.

Sat we started with a 25" and threw back double digit 20 inchers.

Same area.

Intel said start at middle Rd in 65 feet.  Marked a few fish there, but no takers until we got shallower than 60.  Marked and caught way more in 55 feet.  Two man limit with a bunch of nice perch added in.  Everything on stick baits. Blue herring and goby scatter raps 

Too warm surface water temperatures drive walleyes and perch deeper into 75 foot plus and deeper water. Get out there now in August, things will change for you.

I get them between 30 and 50 ft
All year .

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

• 2 weeks later...

In Cook inlet out from Nome, the twice daily 30 foot tidal change creates currents  like under the Peace Bridge and you need a 5 pound bottom bouncer to hold the bottom with a herring bait. A big problem is cranking the line back in the boat even to check your bait.

• Like 1

Fished off the Catt yesterday. Plenty of fish in 80’+ on the screen but did not have a single bite. Fished in 70’ of SP today, same as the Catt, plenty of fish on the screen but no takers. Any other reports?

Sent from my iPad using Lake Erie United

In Cook inlet out from Nome, the twice daily 30 foot tidal change creates currents  like under the Peace Bridge and you need a 5 pound bottom bouncer to hold the bottom with a herring bait. A big problem is cranking the line back in the boat even to check your bait.

This is a walleye not salmon section

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United
  • Like 1

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now