Barcelona harbor

Generally good though of the 8 I caught only two were decent size. 10 color and riggers set between 40 and 50 took most of my fish. I fished crankbaits.

Fish out of Barcelona this morning. Launched at 6:30 AM back in with a two-man limit by 9:45 AM a rough start. Best depth was anywhere from 75 feet to 80 feet give or take. 5 core lead worked well with a deep diving stick bait . Down riggers parked anywhere from 45 to 55 feet as well as 68 feet (just off bottom . Dipsy diverss out 140 to 150‘ some action but not much. Core and Downrigger’s were best for us today , sticks, spoons and harnesses all caught fish. A mixed bag of 16 and 17 inches and then some 20 to 21 inches nothing huge all good eating fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

I trolled near the markers on Monday and we wondered what they were for. The nets must be set deep. Glad my dipsies didn't get caught in them 🙂. Thought they might be marking a diving sight or underwater object / sunken.

Buoys mark trap nets used to catch fish for public consumption. Legally operated.  Do not steal fish from these nets.

Why not
I always raid the nets

• 4 weeks later...

Trap nets are designed not to kill fish so sport fish can be released alive. A DEC violation and conviction can cancel your fishing and hunting licenses so show up at court time appearances the date, time and place listed. Mailing in the summons is considered a "GUILTY" Plea  and you are convicted.

Trap nets are designed not to kill fish so sport fish can be released alive. A DEC violation and conviction can cancel your fishing and hunting licenses so show up at court time appearances the date, time and place listed. Mailing in the summons is considered a "GUILTY" Plea  and you are convicted.

I limited out walleye in 5 minutes last time I checked the nets. 5 men limit

Lakes Erie and Ontario now have 78 F. surface water temperatures. Dissolved oxygen levels are the result of the high temperatures and fish seek cooler preferred water in deeper waters. So look deeper now unless you find bad  dissolved oxygen waters that are effected by decayed biologic deaths that consume the oxygen there.

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now