Walleye reports eastern basin

19 hours ago, rvan said:

Fished out at Barcelona today. 112 fow fish came from 40-70 down all harnesses rigger dipsey 5 and ten color took fish nice class of fish 2 man limit started at 1 end at 3

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

Fished the same area yesterday from 5-7pm.  Got a two man limit.  Most of ours came on 7 color lead core with a few coming off the downrigger and 2 off a bottom bouncer.  Thank you to the guys at the launch who gave me the Intel.  I hadn't planned on starting that deep but you put us right on them.  

• Like 1

Fished the same area yesterday from 5-7pm.  Got a two man limit.  Most of ours came on 7 color lead core with a few coming off the downrigger and 2 off a bottom bouncer.  Thank you to the guys at the launch who gave me the Intel.  I hadn't planned on starting that deep but you put us right on them.  

Intel came from me you are welcome pay it forward

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United
  • Like 1

Great trip out of the catt today. We worked our same area out in front of the second set of windmills 85 out to 90 feet back-and-forth. Downlriggers 73 and 65 worm harnesses and sticks. And our super slim spoons once again on our dipsies 250 on a 3 setting and 150 on 1 setting. And of course all important down speed was just under 2 on a subtroll which would be almost 3 on the surface. Always a great experience at Hanover boat launch those guys are terrific in there. Lots of positive fishermen and great staff.

image000000(9).jpg

image000000(12).jpg

image000000(14).jpg

image000000(6).jpg

image000000(10).jpg

image000000(15).jpg

image000000(16).jpg

image000000(4).jpg

Edited by joe lagreca
  • Like 3

Great day today!

Launched at Hanover. Harbormaster said go to 70ft and head west.

78-84ft of water in sight of Center Rd.

Fished 3 1/2 hours and got 14 walleye hookups , but only 11 in the box. Netting issue and two headshakes and spit hooks.

Downriggers 60ft with wormburners, dipseys #2 165 back with a green bomber with RedEye (Joe posted a pic last week I think). 10 colors of lead with fire tiger renosky.

Great day!!!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gbill512 said:

Great day today!

Launched at Hanover. Harbormaster said go to 70ft and head west.

78-84ft of water in sight of Center Rd.

Fished 3 1/2 hours and got 14 walleye hookups , but only 11 in the box. Netting issue and two headshakes and spit hooks.

Downriggers 60ft with wormburners, dipseys #2 165 back with a green bomber with RedEye (Joe posted a pic last week I think). 10 colors of lead with fire tiger renosky.

Great day!!!!!

what was your down speed or surface speed

Hats off to Joe Lagreca.  After many frustrating trips with not a whole lot of success, I spoke with Joe and he gave some great tips that we were overlooking or not realizing that contributed to our failures.  I put his advice to use Sunday morning when we fished out of the Catt. and what a difference it made, we had a great day and by far, one of our most productive.  It's great to have guys like Joe on the forum who are willing to share their knowledge and help ALL of us enjoy the great fishing we have right here in our backyard.  Thanks, again Joe !  

Edited by tds840
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, tds840 said:

Hats off to Joe Lagreca.  After many frustrating trips with not a whole lot of success, I spoke with Joe and he gave some great tips that we were overlooking or not realizing that contributed to our failures.  I put his advice to use Sunday morning when we fished out of the Catt. and what a difference it made, we had a great day and by far, one of our most productive.  It's great to have guys like Joe on the forum who are willing to share their knowledge and help ALL of us enjoy the great fishing we have right here in our backyard.  Thanks, again Joe !  

You're welcome it was awesome hooking up with you guys in the cleaning station. We went out again this morning Monday and same thing had our limit in 2 hours same program same spot.

• Like 1

Fished off the Catt on Monday, headed west off Center Rd between 78 & 88 fow. Got a 2 man limit on harnesses & dipsies.  Riggers about 7'-10' off the bottom. Dipsies on 3 setting at 175' back. Riggers did a little better than the dipsies, & faster to get in the boat. Several of the walleye were over 25", the rest good eaters 17-21. Wasted more than an hour trying to find perch that we had marked earlier, went back to several spots & they had moved. Went out at 8am, back in by 2 pm. Great day on the water.

IMG_3695.jpeg

• Like 1

On 9/15/2024 at 5:38 PM, joe lagreca said:

Great trip out of the catt today. We worked our same area out in front of the second set of windmills 85 out to 90 feet back-and-forth. Downlriggers 73 and 65 worm harnesses and sticks. And our super slim spoons once again on our dipsies 250 on a 3 setting and 150 on 1 setting. And of course all important down speed was just under 2 on a subtroll which would be almost 3 on the surface. Always a great experience at Hanover boat launch those guys are terrific in there. Lots of positive fishermen and great staff.

image000000(9).jpg

image000000(12).jpg

image000000(14).jpg

image000000(6).jpg

image000000(10).jpg

image000000(15).jpg

image000000(16).jpg

image000000(4).jpg

Interesting for us, we fished Thursday n Friday Sept 12 n 13 out of Dunkirk in 70fow towards Catt with 2 riggers at 60 n 66 and 2 dipsys each side 190ft wire #3 setting n mag dipsy #1 setting 110. All stickbaits were run, Rogues, Bombers, n Excalibers. Thursday they wanted it fast, 2.5 to 2.8 at the ball. Friday, it had to be under 2.4mph at the ball with 2.2 best. The week before, 2.0 to 2.2mph at the ball. 

Not a lot of experience for us there as these were r first 2 trips ever but interesting seeing the wide variety of speeds they wanted...

3 hours ago, djp said:

Interesting for us, we fished Thursday n Friday Sept 12 n 13 out of Dunkirk in 70fow towards Catt with 2 riggers at 60 n 66 and 2 dipsys each side 190ft wire #3 setting n mag dipsy #1 setting 110. All stickbaits were run, Rogues, Bombers, n Excalibers. Thursday they wanted it fast, 2.5 to 2.8 at the ball. Friday, it had to be under 2.4mph at the ball with 2.2 best. The week before, 2.0 to 2.2mph at the ball. 

Not a lot of experience for us there as these were r first 2 trips ever but interesting seeing the wide variety of speeds they wanted...

What type of unit are you using to measure the down speed I use a subtroll

1 minute ago, joe lagreca said:

What type of unit are you using to measure the down speed I use a subtroll

Fishhawk. Yes, they typically read higher. I was just commenting on how 1 day was 2.0 to 2.2 then 1 day was 2.5 to 2.7.

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now