Walleye reports eastern basin

Fished out cat 75-85 fow riggers with spoon and harness 8 and ten color with perch bandit and northern lights all caught fish fished 6:30-10:00 one big fish 26” rest were good eaters 18-22 2 man limit

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

• Like 2

Got out yesterday, Friday 8/30 out of the Catt. Lines in water at 8:45 am. Headed straight out to 80 fow. Many boats were out so we started outside the fleet and trolled around the edge of them. Depth reached 95 feet at the deepest.

Stopped at about 1:30 pm. Finished with 10 walleye, 1 steelhead, 1 short eye. Fished 2 dipsies and 1 leadcore. Dipsies on 3 setting 170 to 200 out. Combination of harnesses and spoon on the dipsies and a northern lights Bomber on the 10 colors. Great day. Sunny and calm water. Nice size on our largest eyes. 3 @ 25 inches and just above 5 pounds. Lots of bait in the area. Good luck to all.

Fished Friday from 7-10:30am in 70 to 85 feet. Two riggers from 50 to 65 feet and a 10 color. Used Sutton spoons to mimic the smelt and also a black and silver jointed rapala. Was only getting hit on riggers so added a snap weight to my core and it started to get hit too. Tried other patterns but only the suttons and black/silver rapala worked. 

IMG_0489.jpeg

• Like 1

Got out today 9\4 went out of Dunkirk with my dad we started in 85' went towards the catt we really didn't have a great screen don't know were the fish went after the blow. we fished hard till about 11:30 we ended up with 12 nice eyes nothing big just nice eating fish. most fish caught on harnasses but got fish on spoons and stickbaits too.Wire dipsys riggers and 10 color core went out to 100' but never marked alot of fish.

• Like 2

Fished yesterday Thursday 9/5 from 9 to 5:30 out of the Catt. Started out at 70 fow with stiff wind and 2 to 3 ft waves. Drifted with 3 oz bottom bouncers & harnesses on hand held spinning rod. Caught 5 eyes pretty steady action. Wind slowed and shifted. Switched to trolling and got 7 more for our 2 man limit with 1 dipsy and 1 leadcore with sticks and harnesses. Lost a heavy one on the fight. Cut the line. Size range, 15 to 25.5 inches. Best trolling screens were in 80 to 85 fow near Middle Road. Also got about 6 perch, biggest 13.5 inches. Great day.

Fished 9/4 and 9/5 for the first time ever out of Dunkirk in 70 to 90 with 90 being the best. We had a blast. Mag dipsy on 1 out 85 to 130 on the inside and #1 dipsy on 3 out 165 to 220 were the producers as well as riggers parked from 60 to 66. Ran all sticks. 3 man limit each day with 5 bonus steelhead on 9/4 and 2 on 9/5. 1 metalhead broke us off that was over 12lbs pushing 15! Oh ya, and a few perch n a giant sheepie.

Will have to fish Erie more often!

• Like 2

Launched out of the cat tonight bad reports at launch. Fished from 6-8:30. Started bottom bouncing 40-50 fow good screen only caught a perch and white bass ran out to 80-90 decent screen but no takers hopefully tomorrow out of Dunkirk is better. Had a nice boat ride. Lake was flat

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

Nice job rvan. I fished out of the Catt today. 11:30 until 6:00 pm. Managed our 2 man limit, 1 perch, 1 short. Forgot my net and had to wrestle them into the boat. Lost only one :emoticon-0107-sweating: All nice eating size fish. 70 to 80 fow towards Dunkirk. Couple slow hours from 2 till 4:30 then they started biting again. Harnesses on dipsy and leadcore 10 colors. They didn't want sticks. Great day.

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now