Walleye reports eastern basin

This weekend I was going 2.4-2.7 SOG. I don’t have a fish hawk (tuah), but I usually run 2.0-2-2 mph SOG. Caught plenty of fish at 2.5 this past weekend
Glad to hear with heavy current I'd like to go downhill but my lowest speed was2.9 cross current Pulled all rigs badly. We got a bunch but netting was difficult at that angle

Sent from my SM-G781V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Went outa The Catt today. Pretty bumpy out there but managed 14 today only 1 fish needed to be measured all others were good sized. Worm harnesses did the trick. Every color worked. 85-82 FOW, 60-65 feet down was where we marked most of our fish

• Like 2

Launched out of Buffalo planning to run to the catt, off Hamburg outboard died and couldn’t get it to stay runnning. Trolled back on the kicker and fished our way back. First time in a long time I didn’t boat a single eye. Did catch a good selection of drum. Took them on harnesses and sticks in 60 through 40 fow. IMG_8239.thumb.JPG.679eae084f51b469dfa98c97b486a5cb.JPG. Attached a pic of my brother making a decent one look huge for the camera. Hahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

• Sad 1

Fished out of Barcelona 10 till 3 75fow out toward PA line took an hour to find fish ended with 12 in box threw back 3 harnesses and sticks

• Like 2

Fished out of Barcelona late afternoon till 8 pm. Also toward Pa line. Overcast and rain showers started around 6:30 or so. Kept 5, biggest 25 incher. A few shorts released. Lost 2 behind boat. Best marks in 70 to 90 fow. Firetiger (black, orange, white) harness did best.

• Like 2

With Lake Erie water temperatures exceeding 70 F now in August so water depths over 75 foot show more fish there 5 miles due west of Sturgeon Point or straight out from the Cat. Perch show well out there and walleyes are good there. 2 ounce snap weights are better than 100 yard lead core especially winding back in.

Went out of Dunkirk this morning. Ended up with 1 and lost 1 on firetiger harness.
After being on the water for about an hour, we noticed no water coming out from the water pump. So we packed it in for the day. Now we need to find a marine mechanic who works on Honda Engines. If anyone know of a person other than place, please let me know. Thanks

28 minutes ago, Slapshot said:

Went out of Dunkirk this morning. Ended up with 1 and lost 1 on firetiger harness.
After being on the water for about an hour, we noticed no water coming out from the water pump. So we packed it in for the day. Now we need to find a marine mechanic who works on Honda Engines. If anyone know of a person other than place, please let me know. Thanks

This used to happen to me quite frequently when fishing shallow water for bass and happened to me earlier this year fishing out of Barcelona.  Try taking a piece of lawn trimmer string or even some wire and use that to clean out the exit hole.  That should get it flowing again

• Like 1

This used to happen to me quite frequently when fishing shallow water for bass and happened to me earlier this year fishing out of Barcelona.  Try taking a piece of lawn trimmer string or even some wire and use that to clean out the exit hole.  That should get it flowing again
That's it stupid mud dauber wasps pack them with mud. Piece of wire..ream it out.

That's it stupid mud dauber wasps pack them with mud. Piece of wire..ream it out.

If you can’t solve your problem most likely the impeller is bad. Any competent boat mechanic can replace that. I actually replaced mine myself with help from a friend. You Tube it.

Is probably mud wasp Honda has an alarm when is overheating you would have heard it trimmer string works well

GREAT TRIPS!!!!!
Wow man 2 awesome trips back-to-back. Fished Sunday morning with my With my buddy's dad on his 76th birthday!!!!! 65 foot and 85 foot where are 2 best Producing depths. 45 down to 60 on the riggers . 3 man limit On Sunday and We got our 2 man limit this morning by 10 AM. thanks Jim at 3D for these harnesses GOD BLESS!20240729_132818.thumb.jpg.b4ac8db919a028cbd5373296366eb874.jpg20240729_132433.thumb.jpg.7cd3dae3acacb07bb383f23d68011cab.jpg20240729_132411.thumb.jpg.657a2649a2d41eaa3002cc700d4cf924.jpgIMG_0565.thumb.jpg.33f971bdb1b02f711733684732936056.jpg20240729_090602.thumb.jpg.2e32adfadddbdd7374b170372bbffc9d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 3

The "pee hole" on my Yahmy300 is a tell tale that the cooling system is working.

One time I ran the boat and there was no "pee" and the motor didn't overheat.

I have had many issues with bug related obstructions of this line.

I started to put a pipe cleaner in the hole while not in use and haven't had a problem since.

By the way,

Proving the tell tale idea of the "pee hole", I forgot to take the pipe cleaner out and had no overheating issues.

Pipe cleaner works!!!!!

Grumpy'sGrady!

have been fishing out of Dunkirk the past few weekend with similar experience.  Been catching 80% of fish on these two colors. 65 - 75 feet has been good.  85-90 feet showing fish at times too.  I have not been limiting out, but my priorities are different as I have been bringing my young kids and limit time fishing vs incorporate swimming, etc.  20240714_093057.thumb.jpg.efb02340133c1dfd2d87b9255eeeac15.jpg

20240729_212338.jpg

20240729_212404.jpg

20240714_173450 - Copy.jpg

20240714_113157.jpg

Edited by SalmonSniper
  • Like 1

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.