Walleye reports eastern basin

On 7/29/2024 at 9:01 PM, gbill512 said:

The "pee hole" on my Yahmy300 is a tell tale that the cooling system is working.

One time I ran the boat and there was no "pee" and the motor didn't overheat.

I have had many issues with bug related obstructions of this line.

I started to put a pipe cleaner in the hole while not in use and haven't had a problem since.

By the way,

Proving the tell tale idea of the "pee hole", I forgot to take the pipe cleaner out and had no overheating issues.

Pipe cleaner works!!!!!

Grumpy'sGrady!

The engine never over heated.  I will try and clean out that hole.  Hope it works!!

Fished yesterday 8/1 from 2:30 until 7:30 pm. Out of the Catt. Caught 2 shorts, 2 keepers on harnesses / dipsies . Had trouble finding a good screen around 80 fow. Moved in to 60 to 65 foot range and it did not get any better. Others we talked to had mixed results earlier in the day. Was hoping for a more productive outing. That's fishing!

• 3 weeks later...

Fished Dunkirk today. A mile west of port and 90 to 100 fow. Started around 6:30 and had a four man limit by 8:40. The fishing is just ridiculous right now. Never got the full spread out before we had a limit. All worm burners. Dipseys, riggers and ten colors. Ended the day with 28 total but obviously, only kept our limit. Four came while we were clearing lines. No shorts, one sheepshead and the rest eyes.

Didn’t matter what color, everything was catching fish. Pink lemonade and Grape Ape burners may have had a few more fish than everything else but all rods caught multiple fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

• Like 2

Fished Dunkirk today. A mile west of port and 90 to 100 fow. Started around 6:30 and had a four man limit by 8:40. The fishing is just ridiculous right now. Never got the full spread out before we had a limit. All worm burners. Dipseys, riggers and ten colors. Ended the day with 28 total but obviously, only kept our limit. Four came while we were clearing lines. No shorts, one sheepshead and the rest eyes.

Didn’t matter what color, everything was catching fish. Pink lemonade and Grape Ape burners may have had a few more fish than everything else but all rods caught multiple fish.

Thanks so much reports have been poor. Need to get an old freind out. Thinking tues

Sent from my SM-G781V using Lake Erie United Mobile App

Awsome day at the CATT!!!!!
Is 3 man limit by 1030. 4 inch long super slim spoons off dipsy diver 210 on a 3 setting. And long A bombers and runowski's Downriggers and dipsies the same also 10 color leadcore with plugs. Several fish spit up full size smelt. Downriggers 7520240825_082628.thumb.jpg.c64f74701c568766636f9a876b6e7f00.jpg20240825_144211.thumb.jpg.9784b4504a0638263a89ac73c3239c4b.jpg20240825_144226.thumb.jpg.08197adec176471ccff1fff66865f720.jpg20240825_144306.thumb.jpg.44b89f67d00e619b8f9ed4a607106ff0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Lake Erie United Mobile App

70 to 80

Launched out of Sturgeon Point at 3:30p went almost straight out to 72 FOW and found an active school as well as some nice perch. Caught 2-3 eyes and 2-3 perch. Ran all harnesses and was back in around 5p. Will try to get out again this week and put a more honest effort on them!!

Another great day at the catt. We started off where we left off yesterday went right to 77 feet of water closer towards Dunkirk. Couldn't get 3 rods in the water we crushed them we were done by 830. fish to 80 feet And back. 75 feet down on the rigors and 250 on the Dipsy divers again same program as yesterday super slim spoons and longed a bombers.

• Like 2

Was out with my 6yo daughter Saturday after we left Bills game.  Fished out of Dunkirk in 95-110 FOW.  12 ounce bottom bouncers took a number of fish, 135 and 145 back on 20# braid with dipseys at a 1.5 setting with a Bomber Long A behind them.  Also had a 10 core out which only took 1 fish. Speed on GPS was around 2mph.  Fished from 6-8 and boated 10 walleye.  100 - 105 FOW was the best, but caught fish at all depths.  I had at least 3 really large fish break off gear on me.  Two snapped my leader, and one ripped a bomber off the dispey broking the snap.

• Like 2

Fished out of the Catt yesterday from around noon until 7:30 pm getting a 3 man limit. Beautiful day. We spent time trolling from 70 to 88 fow heading west. Had 2 dipsey lines set at 3 and varied from 170 to 215 feet out. Harnesses and large and small spoons all did well for us. Biggest was 24.5 inches with a lot of nice 22 inchers. Lake was like glass most of the day. Beautiful sunset to motor in by. Thanks to all for the helpful and informative posts. Good luck to all!

• Like 2

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now