Walleye reports eastern basin

Fish out of Barcelona this morning. Launched at 6:30 AM back in with a two-man limit by 9:45 AM a rough start. Best depth was anywhere from 75 feet to 80 feet give or take. 5 core lead worked well with a deep diving stick bait . Down riggers parked anywhere from 45 to 55 feet as well as 68 feet (just off bottom . Dipsy diverss out 140 to 150‘ some action but not much. Core and Downrigger’s were best for us today , sticks, spoons and harnesses all caught fish. A mixed bag of 16 and 17 inches and then some 20 to 21 inches nothing huge all good eating fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

• Like 4

Got out with my dad got a late start lines in at 9:30 flat calm tuff fishing very slow. Then the breeze picked up slightly and we started to get a slow pick.We fished from 60 -80 ft with riggers dipsys and lead core all caught fish only fished untill 12:30 and we ended up with 10 biggest was 6 lbs the rest all nice eaters nice day on the lake hope to catch more next time.

• Like 1

Fished Tuesday July 2, 2024 out of Sturgeon Point. 

Went out to Canadian Line, 62 FOW

Ran 2 down riggers, 2 dipseys and a 7 color lead. 

Ran Renoskys on all lines, got 0 fish in 4 hrs of trolling.

Didn't even mark much at all.

Trolled N to S on the way in to 52 FOW, still empty screen

Will try shallower water next trip out and see what's up.

• Like 1

Based on the good reports decided to drive out to Barcelona yesterday. Got 3 lines in the water at 11 am. Fished until around 4 pm. Pretty much straight out and a little west. 68 to 72 feet was best. We caught 15 keepers, 3 or 4 shorts and lost several more good fish on the fight. Fished 3 dipsies on 3 settings down 130 to 150 feet. Harnesses and sticks. My friend lost a big mystery fish on a stick that if it was an eye would have been impressive. It left teeth marks on my new Bomber A stick. Could have easily made our limit but we were happy with the day and the sun was strong. Good luck everyone. The extra drive distance (from Rochester) was worth it.

• Like 3

Launched on GI at 5am and fished between the catt and Dunkirk. 3 man limit by 1015am but kept fishing till noon. Fished 4 dispeys and 2 riggers. Mix of sticks and spoons on both. Sticks were hot early but spoons were the ticket as the sun got higher. Dispeys out fished riggers 3 to 1. Green / perch were best on sticks, purple / gold on spoons but everything was catching. Fish are everywhere in 70-90ft. Found some nice pockets and keep on them. Speed was 2.5-3.1 SOG, strong current from west to east. West to east seemed to do better. Fished 45ft-65ftdown, deeper as the morning progressed.

Great day on the water, 78 total miles.
Snapchat-1939938651.jpgSnapchat-1064394770.jpg

Sent from my SM-S926U using Lake Erie United Mobile App

• Like 2

Launched on GI at 5am and fished between the catt and Dunkirk. 3 man limit by 1015am but kept fishing till noon. Fished 4 dispeys and 2 riggers. Mix of sticks and spoons on both. Sticks were hot early but spoons were the ticket as the sun got higher. Dispeys out fished riggers 3 to 1. Green / perch were best on sticks, purple / gold on spoons but everything was catching. Fish are everywhere in 70-90ft. Found some nice pockets and keep on them. Speed was 2.5-3.1 SOG, strong current from west to east. West to east seemed to do better. Fished 45ft-65ftdown, deeper as the morning progressed.

Snapchat-1939938651.thumb.jpg.288a3b8d7a1079c80b0696e348ade846.jpgSnapchat-1064394770.thumb.jpg.d7cab3092c4f91419c0b1f8eaa6284ab.jpg

That’s alot of miles!!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Erie United

1 hour ago, Tightline356 said:

Snapchat-1939938651.jpgSnapchat-1064394770.jpg

You launched on Grand Island and drove by boat past the Catt ?

Holey moley

I had same experience. Sticks early then spoons. I used 44 suttons. Figured sunny day would be good time to use them. Riggers 50 and 60.  5 color worked early but then died

Out of Dunkirk left dock at 7 back at 10 two man limit. Caught over 20+ fish only kept 18” and bigger. Ran 4 dipsy’s with harnesses. Best depth for me was 75-80’.  Had a hard time keeping up.  Good mix of year classes

Fished out of Dunkirk.  Managed to boat 10, fished ranged from 17" - 26".  best depth was about 75 - 85 feet, 50 - 60 feet down.  Riggers at 50 and 60, dipsey's out anywhere from 175 - 185, could not get the lead core going.  tried multiple colors and baits (sticks, spoons, and harnesses)  nothing was really the go to.  

You must be logged in to view content

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now